Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Summer is over...sigh.

What I'm Listening to: Breathe by Telepopmusik

Summer is over, sigh. I will miss it. But hey, I love sweater weather! :) And changing leaves. But not raking them. That is a Jim job. LOL.

Even if the weather barely made it above 85 for 3 months straight, Jim and I spent a lot of time on the bike trails this summer -- Interurban, Glacial Drumlin, but especially the New Berlin trail. Seriously, if I have to bike past that god-awful cemetary one more time, I'm going to dig my own grave. Tiresome. But we stayed in shape, and haven't gained any weight back! Yay! And I got a nice tan line right across the middle of my thighs from my biking shorts. Love to bike, but I keep forgetting to put sunscreen on my knees. ha!

We went on a lot of walks around our neighborhood and saw all the beauty of Stallis. Also, remind me to tell you the story about how we got to watch our neighbor get tasered in his own driveway at 3 AM a couple weeks ago! Fun!

Hmm, what else? We bought a new grill. It works great! We made lots of yummy stuff, but I liked the grilled tuna the best. We had tuna nicoise salads...twice. They were delicious.

I got a data plan for my crappy cell phone, but it turned out that I'd rather not read my email on a screen the size of a business card. So I think I'm going to scrap it.

Oh, and I just got a new computer. Whoohoo!

We saw the Batman movie in the theater. We were sadly disappointed, but Heath Ledger was great.

We went to Door County for a weekend and saw my uncle and my cousins, and my sister and her fiance joined us as well. I wore a swimsuit, which I haven't done in like 10 years and I'm not kidding. Jim wore his new swimsuit too. He looked hawt, duh.

We went to Renaissance Faire. I am definitely going every year, no kidding.

I had my tarot cards read, and my palm read. Nothing earth-shattering either way.

I'll be honest with you, I am just happy that September is here and that the new season of GOSSIP GIRL has started. Did you see the season premiere on Monday? OMG. Two words...CHUCK BASS. When I have to hide my eyes during the touching love scenes between Chuck and Blair, that is teen television at its finest. Ah, keep it coming! I am addicted!

What excitement did you have this summer? And what are you looking forward for this fall?


No comments: