Saturday, September 13, 2008

I'm not kidding, I loved "The House Bunny"

What I'm Listening To: Hello Seattle by Owl City

Jim had all this week off, and I had Friday off, so on Thursday night we decided to go to the movies.

First off, I'd like to tell you why I hate commercial theaters. (Not like there are any other kind, mind you.) You can't pause the movie to go pee or get more snacks or to make snarky comments to your fellow viewers. You can't turn around to tell that loud-ass behind you to STFU, because that would be rude. You can't EVER get comfortable in those freakin' seats if you are over 5'5". Seriously. So as you can imagine, Jim and I rarely go to see a movie in theater unless it's like Batman or Transformers or Indiana Jones or some other rock-'em sock-'em genre movie that wouldn't be done justice on our dinky TV set at home.

So it's kinda weird when we decided to go to the movie theater at Mayfair. I called Jim that afternoon from work, and I'm like, "What movie do you want to see?" and I'm thinking he's gonna say Bankock Dangerous or Pineapple Express or some other dude-ish type movie. But being my soulmate, Jim says "House Bunny". I'm not kidding. I love my husband. He is like so awesome!!

So we go to the theater super-ass early, because that's how I roll - PROMPT! Duh, it's totally dead on a Thursday night. It's $9 a ticket, people. That's freakin' ridiculous, to start. And Jim gets us some popcorn and a couple waters, which are also too expensive for words. And we walk down to theater 18, which is waaaaay at the end of the hallway. But bonus, leather seats, and little desks. Very posh.

We do okay on the comfort side in this layout, and snuggle up to the popcorn, which is gone before the previews even end, no kidding. We are just like that. We are also the only couple in the theater, but three seconds before the movie starts, this other couple comes in. Sigh. I don't care, I am still laughing super loud at all the funny bits. And that brings me to the movie.

Anna Faris is a comic genius. I have seen a couple of films of hers and she is high -- and I do mean HIGH, because one of her films was basically her acting like a total stoner for two hours -- larious. She has some great lines in this movie, one of which referred to penis cookies, which I almost choked I laughed so hard. I don't want to ruin it for you, but I have to give this movie like 5 stars, at least in my opinion.

Let me temper my outstanding movie review for you a little here, before you think I'm nuts. I thought the following movies were also hilarious: Sorority Boys, The Hot Chick, Dumb and Dumberer (the "pre-quel"), and Malibu's Most Wanted. So I just wanted to give you a taste of my movie sense of humor. BTW, I HATED There's Something About Mary. That movie was stoooopid.

So let me know what you think of The House Bunny. Hey, if you don't like it, too bad! :)

No comments: