Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Snowbored...sigh!

What I'm Listening To: When did your heart go missing by Rooney

I have been stuck in the house for the past three days thanks to snow. I am going insane. And it's Wednesday, which is now my official blogging day, so guess what? You get to hear about it!

When you're housebound there's only so much you can do. You can watch TV. Since we have Direct TV, we depend on satellite transmission, which is sketchy at best in a snowstorm. Luckily our dish is planted smack in the middle of our backyard, so Jim can go wade through the snow and brush the 3 inches of precipitation off the dish so we can get all 180 channels of excitement. However, even with so many channels, there's NEVER ANYTHING ON!! Seriously!!! So I'm forced to choose between watching some real estate show on HGTV where shiny happy hosts try to convince some inbred couple that having green shag carpet definitely is NOT a selling point, or my favorite, some movie that I've seen like 27 times already (uh, if I have to watch Spiderman 3 or Knocked Up one more time, I'm gonna try to impregnate myself with photos of Tobey Maguire, no kidding.)

Or I could watch my Netflix selections. I was reading that book "The Starter Wife" and figured, hey, wasn't that made into a show with that red-haired neurotic from "Will and Grace"? Why, yes, it was. So I requested a couple episodes of that -- wrong choice. It's super boring, except for the exciting discovery that Bill the Vampire from "True Blood" was in it. So that was kinda fun, for like a minute. But then I had to question why Bill the Vampire -- who, BTW, is now a Malibu homeless man in this show -- had highlights. When do homeless people get highlights? Only in California. Does he get mani/pedi's too? Sheesh, I'd give Bill a Brazilian, he is that HOT! Oh well, True Blood will be back on for their second season soon...must control self until then.

Then there's my favorite option when sitting around bored stiff -- EATING. Quick side note: Jim and I thought ahead for once and went to the grocery store to load up on snacks for this holiday week. And we're sitting there in the store and there's like a kabillion people running around like nutbags buying turkeys and all the trimmings, and I turn to Jim and I'm like, "Do you want anything special for like Christmas dinner or whatever?" and he's like, "No, veggie burgers are fine with me." And once again, I am reminded that I married the coolest guy ever! But seriously, who can resist snacking all day when there's nothing else to do around the house? And we bought these super yummy sweet potato cinnamon-flavored Pringles -- I highly recommend them. But don't come over expecting that we still have any in the house -- duh, I've already eaten them all. But you can have the rest of the pretzels if you want, 'kay?

What else? Oh, I'm reading like three books at the same time, and trust me, they're all dumb. I'm just reading one of them because it's Jackie Collins, and who can resist that crap? I've cleaned the house, but just like minor cleaning. I've shovelled snow at least 5 times now. We've taken a walk around the neighborhood in snow that came up to our knees. It was like walking on the beach, kinda. I've tried to do some online clothes shopping, but couldn't find anything I really needed or wanted. I've renewed my AAA membership, paid all my bills, done 5 loads of laundry, looked at everyone's Facebook page for stuff I might have missed in the past 6 months, and basically I'm done now. Honestly, I am almost excited about going into work on Monday.

What are you doing with yourself on this joyously snowy Wednesday? Oh, yeah. I forgot. It's Christmas eve. We aren't going anywhere, just so you know. We're visiting Jim's mom tomorrow, and then on Saturday we're gonna visit my stepdad's. I haven't bought one single present, but hey, I sent out some awesome Christmas cards!

So if you have any suggestions of stuff we can do while locked in the house, let me know! And yes, we've done *wink* that one too.

Happy Holidays! :)

No comments: