Thursday, November 13, 2008

Our 4th Anniversary -- can you believe it?

What I'm Listening To: My Favorite Book by Stars

Today is our 4th wedding anniversary. I just want to tell you how happy I am that I met my husband Jim and that he decided that hey, he had nothing better to do, he might as well take a chance and marry my sorry self. Oh, yeah, he loves me too! Today at work he sent me a bouquet of a dozen white roses, my favorite.

There are so many reasons that I love my husband. He is my best friend, the other half of Team Reagan. He makes me laugh every day, sometimes so hard that I tinkle a little. We finish each other's sentences because we are so in synch. He understands me completely. The best part of my workday is seeing his smiling face coming down the escalator at work (we work together) so we can go catch the 4:10 PM bus to Westallica.

So much has changed since we got married four years ago in our living room by a justice of the peace, and so much has stayed the same. Same, Jim is still my heart of hearts. Changed, we've lost a total of 130 lbs since we got married! Same, we still live in Stallis in our little place. Changed, we have a new kitchen! What more can we say? :) I'll keep you posted here as things get even better!

The song that I'm listening to as I write tonight's blog entry, My Favorite Book by Stars, is our song. It makes me tear up just listening to it, because I love my husband that much. Have you ever looked at your loved one and just felt so much love in your heart that it was almost painful? That's how much I love my husband. I just can't stop smiling when I think of him. Okay, I'll stop the sappy crap now.

At lunch today we were talking about the question of "at what point in your relationship did you know that you could totally be yourself with your spouse?" and both Jim and I were like, when you poop your pants. Because I will totally admit it, I have pooped my pants more than once. One time, when I was on Atkins, I ate all these sugar-free chocolate bars. Uh, don't do it, I'm warning you. Then we went out for sushi that night, and next thing you know, I was in a public restroom swabbing the decks because I'd let the cat out of my bag, so to speak. It wasn't like I meant to do it, people. Really. But I had to slink back to the table, and be like "Get me OUT of here!" to Jim, who had to create some excuse so we could make a clean (okay, kinda shitty, ha ha!) getaway.

Jim has done lost his drawer control, too, but lucky for him it's been at home. But I think that was the moment when we knew that we needed to stick together. Ha ha! Needless to say, when you hear your spouse yell down the stairs "uh, honey, need some help here! Oh, and bring a plastic bag and some lysol!" you're not expecting to clean up after them. But honestly, I think that stuff just brings us closer!

So I wanted to share with you that it's our anniversary, I heart my husband, and I hope that everyone can find the kind of loving relationship with someone in their lives that I have with my huzzie. Happy Reagan Day! Oh, and please keep the crap in your pants, people!

No comments: